View Single Post
Old 02-26-2006, 03:53 PM
Hummer Deity

Fubar is an unknown quantity at this point

blacbugs, thanks.
West Covina Hummer is still not up and functional from a service stand point. They are directing folks to Clippinger.

Like you I've spoken with Mark Christopher Hummer in Ontario and they seamed unable or unwilling to assist me with my current issue.

I'm actually in West Covina now visiting my folks. On my way here from LV my check engine light came on. When I got to my folks house I called both West Covina Hummer and Christopher's both said it would be the middle of next week before they could get my truck in to take a look at it.?

I called Cerritos Hummer and they said bring it down. This was early Friday afternoon. So I arranged for someone to follow me down there expecting to have to leave the truck. Arriving at Cerritos Hummer I was greeted by a service writer and I explained my current situation and my past problems with Towbin of LV. He laughed and said that even he had experience several negative experiences with them. I dropped off my H2 and headed back home with a friend that had followed me down there. 15 minutes latter Cerritos Hummer called to say I had two plugged injectors and that they had already spoken with Magna charger about the issue and that replacement parts would not only be shipped but arrived at Cerritos Hummer Monday afternoon and that they would be covered under Magna Chargers 3yr warranty . They said I would be able to pick the truck up later Monday or Tuesday whichever best fit my plans.

As a side note I had told the service writer about my continuing over heating issue but nothing was really discussed at the time of drop off. When he called back to tell me my injector issue would be ready Monday (late afternoon) he said that they could go ahead and install a Ron Davis 4 core aluminum radiator and still meet the before mentioned deadline if that was something that I wanted. Well of course. He went on to say that they had installed around 20 supper chargers on H2's and had many returned for over heating issues. He said that all but 3 of the 20 were resolved by the addition of a 160 degree t stat and the larger, more efficient Ron Davis radiator. When I asked what his thoughts were about the 3 still experiencing trouble he offered up simply that he knew that they were all towing boats and or trailers that exceeded or were close to exceeding the towing capacities of the H2. With that info in mind and considering I don't tow anything I told them to go ahead and install the radiator.

I mention all of this just to illustrate that there are some Hummer dealerships that care about customer service. In my case none around LV so I guess if I have to drive 5 hours to get my truck repaired in a timely and professional manner that's what I'm gonna do.