View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 12:25 PM

UNOMYFLO is off the scale

Hi Doug man thanks so much for the schooling I REALLY APPRECIATE IT A LOT.

Few questions:

1) Assuming the molex connectors are there...how will I change the speaker routing?
Since now the speaker wires run to the back of the head unit?

Could they possibly be routed to 2 locations? To the back of the head and perhaps to the rear dirvers side staged there for the Monsoon amp and sub?

Man I hope I have the plugs there it would make life much easier.

I wouldnt have to try to re-route the speaker wires and get power/remote turn on and ground to the amp.

I wish I knew someone who had the stock base stereo system and pulled that panel off so I could see what is back there...

2) If the molex plugs are not there I will need the harnesses from the back of the head to the rear right?

I still am fuzzy on how I am going to get this in seamlessly....Not thrilled about cutting and splicing routing...although I am not unfamiliar with stereo systems. I have even made my own rca cables soldering etc.

I juts read you post closer...2 connectors to each speaker..very interesting...did you notice if there was a plug hanging there that possible runs to the rear for the monsoon?? Oh you probably had the monsoon right? Just wondering if the wires are in the door to the rear in my H3..I need to bite the bullet and pull some panels off I guess.

My hope is that you are correct: The 3 molex plugs are there staged and all I would need to do is:

1) Switch leads at the speakers (assuming there are 2 harnesses in the doors) to route the wires to the rear amp.

2) mount the monsoon enclosure and amp plug and play.

3) swap back panels (remove the bin'd panel I have now and put the grilled panel in its place).

Doug part of me wonders if I shouldn't just get a real nice 4 or 6 channel amp and tie it into what I have now (crutchfield) and then also but the 10 300watt bazooka and strap it in the far back?

what are your thoughts on this..?

I like the factory installed monsoon system idea better for its cleanness but the install is kinda scary at this point.
Not too stoked tearing the entire truck apart and running new wires for everything to the back...but I can do it, just not to excited about it ya know?

Thanks so much any more info you acquire on this would be a big help.

If anyone else has any info or has physically taken off panels on the stock suystem please let me know as the biq question is: Is this plug and play..are the 3 molex plugs in the back??

Thanks again.