View Single Post
Old 02-16-2005, 03:44 PM
Hummer Guru

Adam in CO is an unknown quantity at this point

I e-mailed this:

Dear Sir or Madam;

This has been a very difficult issue for me, to say the least. I found many interesting things in this issue, and intended on writing this once I came across the first one. Then it was compounded by the other.

Your "What Hits, What Fits" guide has been bothering me for more than a year now. Last year, when you published this article, I chuckled because I knew full well that my 2003 H2 (see included pics) has had 37" BFG tires on it, with no lift, almost all it's life. It has managed trails that way including Holy Cross in Colorado to Hell's Revenge and Poison Spider in Moab, Utah. I now have MTs instead of the ATs, but I removed the stock tires for the 37" ones some time ago. I have now also added Rock Crawler Series 97 wheels and Rancho 9000 shocks, and I assure you with better shocks and off-set wheels, nothing hits. Just a little FYI.

This is, of course, the TTC issue as well. Excellent! I love the TTC. So, the first thing I always do, is start skimming for trucks from Colorado to see if I know anyone. All right! Number 11 is Corey's Jeep. Good for him. I always liked that Jeep. Hey, there's another one from Golden, CO, and the picture looks awful familiar. Wait a minute. I took that picture. In fact, there's my brother-in-law's, used (but new to him) Disco in the background. Well, that sucks. I've been trying for a long time now to get Four Wheeler to put my H2 in the "Readers Rides" section with no success. Guess I should make sure my truck is in the background on every photo I take, since I never know when it's going to pop up. And don't worry, we even have the H2 in our professionally done wedding photos.

Anyway, thanks for such a great magazine, and for letting me rant a bit. I hope this finds you well, and I still hope to see my rig in your magazine someday!

Adam P. Smith