View Single Post
Old 05-27-2006, 02:47 AM
Hummer Authority

Easy Ed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Driver Side Mirror Not Folding In

Edit: Old site link to fix mirror

http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/t...1/m/7611046851

Will try to duplicate here for the day the old site is taken down.

Panel Removal.....
001a Remove Phillips head screw and cover.
002a Remove two bolts behind cover that was just removed.
003a Remove button panel. There are four "hooked shaped" areas on the panel, two on each side that need to be "unhooked" from the door panel. I used a putty knife and a rag to protect door panel. The other panel above this one stays in place.
004a Panel out, time to remove connectors, take your time and you'll figure out how to remove them.
005a Remove door panel, I started near the bottom corners and worked my way up, didn't break a one :-) You have to disconnect the door panel light connector wire and then set the panel off to the side.
006a What it looks like with panel off. You will want to start pulling the upper right side insulation loose to get to the mirror bolts, I left the window up.
007a Pulling back the insulation and getting to see the bolts.
008a Fun part, getting nuts loose without dropping them, not really that hard to do.
009a Remove mirror and start taking it apart like I did in the first picture of this post. I will not promise that all non folding mirrors will be because of the problem that I had with mine.

Mirror fix....
001 Time to see if I can screw up something up.
002 Removing motor housing and other parts that fold the mirror.
003 Ah, I really don't think that is suppose to be in there.
004 Not looking to good here.
005 Motor would not turn so I figured I'd try some Liquid Wrench, what did I have to lose at this point.
006 Those are magnets on either side, they are for the circuit board sensor to "count" revs, I guess.
007 Will it work. Damn, it does
008 Drain hole, "What is it going to hurt" was what I was thinking at the time I did it.
009 IT WORKS :-)
010 Notice all the rust and water in the bottom.
011 Cleaned the mess out hoping that there wasn't any permanent damage to the board.

Last edited by Easy Ed : 01-27-2021 at 03:02 AM.