View Single Post
Old 05-14-2004, 05:07 PM

Bad Dawg is off the scale

BKLYNH2 and H2Finally..To answer your question of "why add a lift, larger tires and maybe 30 more horse and not beef up the steering?" Because I have made the same mods on many other rigs in the past and haven't had to replace the steering componets. On those rigs and the H2 we only used them for mild trail riding and I did not expect the H2 to not be as strong as they were/are ('72 1/2 ton Chevy, '76 1/2 ton chevy, '76 Land Cruiser, '97 GMC 3/4 ton, 2001 1 ton Chevy). I have completely changed out the steering on our race rig because I knew how it was going to be used and what the stock parts could handle. You are right, the tie rod by itself isn't it. Some have pointed out that just changing out the tie rod might just push the problem to another part. By comparison to my other rigs the H2 was a mild build, so I did not expect what happened. For $60K I expected the H2 to handle what I did. I do not want to take anymore time and money to bring it up to my expectations.

I may be young at heart but I'm an old fart with just a few years experiance I do know how to drive off road as does my wife. We save the bashing for the race rig.

You guys and gals have fun and enjoy your H2's. We're going racing.......