View Single Post
Old 06-13-2006, 01:11 PM
Hummer Veteran

hmcoleap is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My Love/Hate Relationship with the H1

My soft-top was a daily driver for years, but that was before I started to wheel it very hard and make some mods. With more aggressive tires, doors that don't close tight like they used to, and a soft-top that is on rails that aren't straight, it is no longer a "wonderful commuter." It was a better commuter than my Jeep Wrangler was in terms of smooth ride and wind/road noise, etc.

No matter how you slice it, even in brand new mint condition, an H1 is going to be less comfortable than an H2 or H3 as a daily driver; it is a class III truck with creature comforts retrofitted into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketcat
I've had my H3 for a year now and have wanted an H1 since I saw one at a media launch in 1992. (Little Rock Dam in the Antelope Valley CA) Anyway, my wife and I take 3 wheeling trips a year (California, Utah, Colorado this year) and four wheel maybe 10 other days in the Phoenix area.

I can afford to buy and maintain a good used one so that's not an issue.
Now for the question.

I will be driving the H1 everyday to work which is a 30 mile round trip and we would drive it on the vacations we take. I have put 20k miles on the H3 this year but would probably only put 12k per year on the H1 because I have access to a company car.

To those of you who have an H1 would you drive it that much and be happy and comfortable with it?

Thanks for any help you can be.

-----------------------

/''T''|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**"\)_)

manny(at)serious4x4.com
http://www.serious4x4.com