View Single Post
Old 06-15-2006, 01:32 AM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is your AC not cooling correctly? Technical bulletin:

My H2 is an '03. I hadn't noticed it last summer since I bought it late in the summer and I guess I didn't need the AC that much.

That was until the last couple of weeks where the temps are getting close to 100. I noticed (as it seems with most GM's) that the AC doesn't cool as much when I come to a stop.

Typically if the AC condenser doesn't have enough air flow (eg. being at a complete stop), you can help cool the condenser by adding a supplemental electric fan over it.

However, before I jumped on that, I recharged the AC at my shop... it didn't help much so I took it to a tech friend of mine and he checked it out.

Turns out that certain Yukons and H2's have a service bulletin that pertains to the orifice tube being put in backwards from the factory.

He evacuated the system, turned the orifice tube 180 degrees (normally they're suppose to go in one way only... the arrow should point towards the front of the truck) and the AC works perfectly.

Anyway, just thought I'd mention it if any of ya'll don't seem to have your AC working correctly when sitting still at a light.

HTH's,

Mark