View Single Post
Old 06-16-2006, 06:40 PM
Hummer Veteran

Crisco is off the scale
Default Installed factory leather seats

I haven?t posted in a while but have occasionally checked in to see what?s been happening.

I found a complete set of factory front and rear H3 TAN electric leather seats on ebay the other day and on a whim got into a bidding war with someone but ultimately wound up with the seats and having cloth non-electric seats I was pretty excited with exception of having paid more than I had hopped.

I also found out the hard way that GM uses more than one vehicle wiring harness so naturally none of the harness\connectors were present for a quick install. I did the only thing I knew to do and paid a visit to my buddy at the parts department and after spending some time looking at his monitor, he was kind enough to print me off some schematics.

To make a long story short? armed with the correct drawings I was able to wire and fuse the seats just as they were intended from the factory and they work perfectly. The only down side at this point is that the seats are tan and my whole interior is ebony so I?m trying to decide on what to do about accenting the color just a bit.

Oh yes, although I had always been impressed with how comfortable the cloth seats were I have to admit, the leather is more so.