View Single Post
Old 06-20-2006, 04:27 AM
Hummer Professional

CrisB is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: How badly do you want a winch for your H3?

Ok, lookin' for some feedback here. I've been stuck in the mud too often lately, and needed to put on a winch. Nobody was getting around to it, so I took the bull by the horns....I designed this winch mount for my H3, just put it on today...and I can have more made. I'm not trying to sell anything here, just looking to get some ideas for improvement. When the design is finalized, this thread will move to the For Sale section.

5/16 steel, high enough to allow for front license plate, no effect on approach angle, fits with or without OEM brush guard. Laser cut, coated with Rubbergard. Sandwiches behind D-Ring mounting blocks, existing bolts have lots of extra length for installation.

Still gotta go get my truck buried in the mud & test it, but I'm pretty sure this is the optimum setup. Gussets should hold the structure just fine, I'll make sure it doesn't bend under a hard pull.

My buddy's got a big machine shop, he made this & can make more, but design may change slightly...a bigger lip in front will make the bend easier, things like that.

The question is, should I have more made if testing proves the strength? Does anybody have any ideas to strengthen it? Am I on the right track?

Pics included, will post more, and taking better ones tomorrow.

Cris Burkhalter

Green H3, a little bling, Adventure pack, BVG rack, light bar, Warn 9000
1965 International Scout, Lime Green.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg H3winchmount1.jpg (171.0 KB, 254 views)
File Type: jpg H3winchmount2.jpg (123.0 KB, 243 views)