View Single Post
Old 06-25-2006, 05:56 PM
Hummer Veteran

Location: Northwest of Los Angeles, just outside all the traffic
Michael1 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Disappointed with '07 Adventure Package Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisha Haddan H3
I'm not into chrome either. I asked the sales manager at Al Serra Hummer on Saturday about chrome versus brushed, and he said the standard wheel on the Adv pkg was brushed aluminum. I had him look up the codes to be sure, and we saw the word 'chrome' was in the standard wheel description. But right under it was the chrome wheel option for $800. He said it had to be a typo because they have to order the option to get chrome.

I'll bet money, the $800 option was for the QB8 chrome wheels which are optional on the Standard and Luxury packages. The wheels included with the Adventure and Luxury with Off-Road package for 2007 are listed as the QB9 (not to be confused with QB8), and the description is "thin spoke flanged chrome aluminum". You may want to have the sales manager double check that. In 2006, the QA7 wheels were standard (non-chrome) on all models.

What I think would have looked nice is the metallic paint they use on the Lexus GX470 Sport package. It's darker and more metal looking than the standard wheel paint. Machined spokes would have looked nice, too.

Michael