View Single Post
Old 07-23-2006, 04:58 AM
Hummer Expert

evldave is off the scale
Default Re: Buying new pistol, need advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARAGON
Secondly, and going all the way back up to the top. Evldave, you need to seek advice from some professionals. Because your statement about a .22 being as good as any home defense pistol, is, well, just ignorant.

oh, I'm gonna have to disagree. A .22 w/15 round clip & hollow points at close range (inside my house, once they get past the locks and the dogs) will easy be the best pistol for simple home defense. I've shot a lot of pistols (not as much as probably many of you, but everything from a .22 to a .50 cal that my old boss had) and the easiest to aid and shoot repeatedly is a .22 - the lowest kick = the highest repeatability. Don't get me wrong, in a single shot setup, a bigger gun would be better, but if I'm in a situation where I'm shooting a gun to save my life, I want repeatability and lots of bullets. I can't guarantee my aim (no matter how much practice) when some crazy fiknut is in my house, has made it past the alarm, the locks, the dogs, and I left the shotgun in the safe. My 2 cents...