View Single Post
Old 08-23-2006, 05:26 PM
Hummer Veteran

tbuckley is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Nav System/Backup Camera Question

H2bill -- welcome! I should be able to help some... I had my Pioneer installed at Car Toys in Beaverton, OR (Canyon Rd.). This is the shop that does all of the aftermarket installs for the local Hummer dealership, so they are all too familiar with the Pioneer unit. If you are able, I suggest taking it to this location.

Two things to consider...
  1. IF you are running DVDs in your rear headrests I suggest getting rid of the FM modulator. I did not do this originally and was very disappointed in the sound. I suggested to Car Toys that they run it through the AUX -- they did and it works MUCH better -- sounds the way it should.
  2. The rear camera; I have a 4" lift on my H2 and had originally installed my camera above my rear window. I had great vision side-to-side but could not see what was dirctly behind me -- i.e. cars or little kids. So I decided to move my camera and I attached it to the top of my trailer hitch. If you have a stock ride and no rear tire carrier the marker light position may work well. It just depends on the spare location, lift (if any) and what what need to 'see'. Hope this helps some.
As you visit this site daily, you will find that the experts on this site are just that... the information many of these guys and gals have is tremendous.

Cheers!

May your glass be ever full.
May the roof over your head be always strong.
And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead. ~ Irish Blessing

Last edited by tbuckley : 08-23-2006 at 05:33 PM.