View Single Post
Old 08-23-2006, 08:11 PM
Hummer Veteran

MattRoberts123 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Nav System/Backup Camera Question

I personally installed the AVIC Z1 in my H2 by myself. It was quite a hard install to do, and I wouldn't recommend doing it unless you have lots of experience installing it. I had to use a dremmel and remove much of the back interior side of the dash just to get the unit to fit... it is acutally bigger and shaped differently than the stock delco unit.

It works great and I love it.. I do agree that the screen is VERY hard to see in the daytime/bright sunlight. I had limo tint done on all windows.. and that makes it great.. aside from making the car feel like you are in a cave during the daytime.

You can go to www.avic411.com and view lots of into on the Z1 unit. There is a user there by the name of Ducati Boy. He makes a circuit that you can wire in to the Z1 to allow you to bypass the security measures and watch dvds/use all stereo functions while in motion. It works great!

I haven't done a camera yet.. but I am told to get one off ebay.. just like a keyhole size IR night camera.. they go for about 50 bucks... hope this helps, feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Carless... riding the bus... Trying to decide on which 08 H2 to get