View Single Post
Old 09-04-2003, 05:20 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Sorry 'bout that last post....this forum warps my sense of judgement at times. It's very cool of you Yota guys to apologize for the offensive and inappropriate behavior of those hostile jerks who come here for no other reason then to provoke a battle and cause problems.

First of all...there are some seriously cool Toyota guys here in the mix: we are definitely going to have to get together and enjoy some offroading fun in the not-to-distant future. Rockyoda & DosTacos...you are both local to me & Jason and we're headed out this friday to goof around at some local area that a friend just turned us onto.

I've said it to Rockyoda no less then 3x....send me your emails and we can arrange to hook-up. We've got ourselves a great offroad club and we have a blast...let's get you both dialed-in & hooked-up likety split!

Also...let's wrap-the-crap and call an end to this absurdity: Both vehicles have 4 tires rotating effectively on the ground. Each have suspension, a 4x4 system, clearance and can effectively handle off-road situations. Yes, they vary in weight, width, wheelbase, and certain angles: each has it's advantages and disadvantages. It's just that damn simple....get over it!

In the end, the driver will always make the difference, I've caked-walked through stuff that several H1's in my club got screwed-up on. The H2 has clawed & grinded it's way up hills where Jeeps had problems. At the same time...I've seen the H2 get messed-up on simple stuff: she's a pig, no doubt.

What's important is that we live in a country and enjoy a time & lifestyle where we can actually get out, buy toys and have a bunch of fun. All these rigs are mixed to death with parts made all over the world: built in America, assembled in Mexico with parts made in Korea & China, designed by Canadians and engineered by Germans. Come on guys...can we please rise above this trivial cesspool of comparative absurdity? (opps...did I already use that word????)

There are lemon GM's, Hummers, and even Toyotas. Well...I heard of one once. How can anyone take so much pride in something they didn't build, design, engineer or help to create. We blow the coin and turn the key. And NO, paying someone else to put a lift-kit and bigger tires doesn't mean squat.

For our part, I'll apologize for the forum for any auto-repsonse-hostility we've thrown at the Toyota crew. We've endured seemingly countless attacks from other hostile forums. It gets old after a while and has perhaps made us a bit itchy on the trigger. Again...there's lots of great Toyota guys in the mix.

I hate to quote some dumbass who was made famous by running from the law and getting his ass whooped on public tv....but can't we all just get along?