Thread: Dead Battery
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2006, 10:48 AM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dead Battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBlue
Mine went @ 800 miles A-hole service writer at Galles & Davis tried to blame us. I ripped the general manager a new one over it and it got replaced. Then come to find out, a TON of people with ALL kinds of GM vehicles have dead batteries shortly after delivery.

Yes, and no. Depends on how long the vehicles are on the lot, and if the dealer is doing their required maintenance. They are supposed to charge every battery on all vehicles every so often, and most don't. So, if a vehicle sits for 60 days before being sold, good chance the battery will be dead.
The other problem is batteries, and saying "GM" is not correct. My Jeep had the battery replaced wthin six month, and I know a lady who works on another vehicle's help desk and their top calls are for jumping a vehicle.
Dead batteries is in the top ten warranty for all manufacturers; incluing Lexus. In addition, if the vehicle is located in a really hot climate, the battery warranty is higher.
Heat is bad for batteries; just look at the little air snorkel to help cool the battery while driving.

It is not right for a dealer to try and deliver a vehicle with a bad battery, but it happens.