Thread: Rear E-Locker
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2006, 03:14 PM
Hummer Professional

Crash ? is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Rear E-Locker

I'm a LONG way from being an expert on much of anything.. But my observations in sand was that the H3 did much better in 4Hi Lock with the traction control turned off.. With the traction control on it kept feeling like the motor was bogging down.. In 4Lo I had plenty of power, but no speed.. 4Hi Lock with traction control turned off, the truck would stand up and go...

On the rear E-Locker... Eaton makes a locker thats designed to be used on the drag strip.. Granted we're not on the drag strip, but there's not a soul here putting 500hp to the rear wheels either.. If Eaton's will hold up on a 500hp dragster, GM should be able to make one that'll stand up to the power an H3 can dish out... Of course you think they'd make a Front diff that would hold up to though...

As far as being able to bypass the setup to get it to work, it shouldn't be to much of a problem for any decent mechanic that's familiar with electronic transfer cases and e-lockers.. Just remember that most decent mechanics do that kind of stuff to make a living.. You may end up having to drop a bit of change to get it done right..

Rob