View Single Post
Old 11-10-2006, 10:04 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Caution: Dirty Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by H Duece
The cleaning process was a real bitch...and I'm STILL not done. First, I took it through a car wash...one of those that you pull into and the stuff goes back and forth a few times. That helped, but barely.

Then I went to a do-it-yourself pressure washer place. $15 later, it was starting to look like it did when I first bought it.

Then I took it to a really good car wash. They did a great job on the inside and outside, but the underbody and hood were still filthy.

So, I got home, climbed underneath, and started pulling out grass, reeds, and a few pieces of bark.

I'm still not done cleaning it. Have to take off the skidplate to get more out and there's still other crap that needs to be cleaned out of some small places. But, all in all, just getting that picture was well worth it. Plus, it was a REALLY fun day!

The best way I have found to clean the underbody is to stick a sprinkler under the truck for 15 minute "stations." Than move a little farther down. It works really well. I go the carwash first and get the majority out of the wheel wells, rock rails first.