View Single Post
Old 11-21-2006, 07:47 PM
Hummer Authority

Wisha Haddan H3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GM to unveil H4 Concept at the Detroit Autoshow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boar-Ral
It has bothered me since I first read that GM was planning to get rid of the Trailblazer and replace it with a smaller Hummer, dubbed the H4. It sounds like it is going to turn into fuel for Hummer haters the same way that they accuse the H2 of being a Tahoe with a different body. I can already envision people accusing the H4 of being a Trailblazer with a different body. I might be being nitpicky, but I really think that the marketing personel in charge of these press releases should be making no reference to the Trailblazer at all, and simply make it convenient that the Trailblazer disappears and that the H4 is released.

I don't see how the H4 could "replace" the trailblazer. The H3 is already smaller in size, power and capacity and the H4 would be even smaller.

But I can see them letting the trailblazer go. The GMT-360 platform hasn't been very versatile for GM. It's only been used for 6 Trailblazer/Envoy clones, 9 including the EXT and XUV models. So far the SSR is the only unique vehicle to use the chassis and it's been discontinued.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_GMT_platform

Besides, apart from its size, the Trailblazer doesn't offer any advantages over a Tahoe in power, fuel efficiency or capacity. It puts a mid-size SUV into all the product lines but that's it. GM doesn't need more product clones, it needs brand differentiation.