View Single Post
Old 11-24-2006, 06:48 PM
Hummer Professional

Hunner is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Spring hanger/shock mount skid plate

Great! I can see the interest starting. Im really tired of being taken by the big guys and thought this was one way I could help ease the pain for others. I made a set from scratch and saw how time consuming that would be to make a bunch. I hope to meet Monday with the fab shop. (again) Im going to hopefully get a set soon so I can shoot pictures. I want everybody to see what they are getting. The spring shackle lower plate has a protrusion in the center that makes it necessary to have the brackets split, similiar to the other ones I have seen. We are laser cutting a slit for alignment and to weld under the brackets for strength. (I have tested brand "A") The spacing of the bolts makes that a given as well. Which means by design they have to be a particular size and shape.
I said before the main improvement and difference is basically one of the primary reasons for the plate and that is to protect the shock bolt head and bottom of the shock. This requires a full inch wider plate along the inside edge.
It may be cheaper to just go ahead and get the 20 sets he wants me to commit to when he sets up to run. The biggest cost seems to be for time. I hope to get pictures of the laser process and press operation.
I want to help those that bought brand "A" so I may see if I can get extra front ones run at the same time.
I will post just as soon as I get them.
Buck fever around here has slowed the process. They should be out on our trails. (NOT) I see deer all the time. Im glad they can't hunt out there I would have to have an orange Hummer!
Traded 06 I-5 for 08H3 ALPHA/Adv,WarnPowerPlant9500,Warn 9000ti rear,Steelcraft brush/winch mt,RockyRoadrails/Hunner mod,GMUCP,Hunner rear/shock skids,OEM roof lights,Rola rack,2GoLights,Hunner steering gear mount,Purple Cranium diff guard,BulletProof tie rods,ARBsnorkle, SyKlone prefilter,Hunner intake pipe.

Last edited by Hunner : 11-25-2006 at 05:30 PM.