Thread: Front Mount
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2006, 03:34 PM
Hummer Veteran

Jeff G is off the scale
Default Re: Front Mount

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPan099
Not much experience with winches, but have been looking into the options for the H3. I think the issue with using a front mount tow hitch is that it would mount below the bumper, and adding the winch would affect the approach angle.

The only front tow receiver I have found online for the H3 requires the front skid plate to be removed for install, (and I'm assuming permanently) and would lessen the protection up front.

Hopefully others on the forum with more technical knowledge will respond!

Actually it mounts between the frame rails and comes in behind the skid plate. You would have to have a square hole cut in the skid plate to keep from removing it. I'm just not sure I want to cruise around all of the time with my winch hanging on the front. Anybody ever have one ripped off? I did off of my CJ5 in 1980,
2006 H3 Lux/Offroad - Slate Blue - Ebony Leather - Sunroof - Brush Guard - Husky Rear Mat - Petz Cover (so my Wheaton Terrier can ride with me) - GOBI Stealth Rack - PIAA Lights - DC/AC Coverter - Truxxx Leveling Kit - DC1 Wheels - 35"X12.50" Toyo Open Country AT - Step Bars - Onboard Air - Chrome Fire Extinguisher

2003 Mercedes Benz S500 AMG

2003 BMW Z3 - Wife's