View Single Post
Old 12-08-2006, 05:02 PM
Hummer Guru

ROX is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tragic. And just before XMAS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.ssippi
Hey Dennis, DRTY and Rocks. What do ya'll keep in your truck, the weather is crazy around you guys.
You wouldn't believe the amount of things in my car. My most recent being a 4 person survival bag from the Red Cross. I've been stranded once, a long long time ago. I'm not going to tell you what happened, but it could have been worse. It's something I'll never forget, and I'm always prepared. period.(even before I drove the H2)

Here's a fellow and his family that got stuck in some really crappy weather. When it snows in the Oregon Mtns it puts down feet of snow in a short amount of time. He got caught in it. When he left the car 7 days later, the snow had melted enough, (from what it looked like in the photo) for him to drive away. (When they found the Mom and girls the car was sitting on the PAVEMENT, NOT DIRT OR GRAVEL) They had burned the tires. As for the Mom not being able to leave because she couldn't carry her daughters thru the snow, God was watching over the girls. After 9 days of sitting in one spot, I'm sure most people would have started walking. The fact that Mr. Kim decided to walk into a dense forest canyon instead of walking down the road, is beyond me. Why they didn't start a raging fire underneath a big tree with their spare tire, I cannot understand.

Am I sorry he died? Absolutely. She's a widow with two little kids to raise and he ought to be around to contribute to what kind of ladies his girls become. But there are things to learn from this. Instead, the authorities in Oregon are plastered all over the news saying, "he didn't do anything wrong, he was just trying to save his family." He did do some things wrong and I think those should be pointed out so other people don't make the same mistakes he did.

If this guy had made a wrong turn in the desert......