View Single Post
Old 12-08-2006, 07:44 PM
Hummer Authority

Wisha Haddan H3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tragic. And just before XMAS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.ssippi
I just think the guy was not thinking. Smart people do stupid things all the time. My question is where was he going? Did he really think he could go for help? I have no survivor skills but I think (and I said think) I would build a fire. And then the smoke from the fire maybe would attract some attention and then someone would find me. I live in the south, it never snows here, just ice. But I keep a blaket, a pair of tennis shoes and a 12 pack of Diet Dr. Pepper in my car at all times. And most of the time if you look on the floor of the car you can find at least a happy meal of old fries and chicken nuggets. We also keep MRE's in the Hummer at all times. But I keep all of that stuff just in case. Why? I don't know will it keep me and my kids alive? No, but it makes me feel better. I don't think anyone is saying that we are happy that this happened. It is a sad thing, lets just learn from this and move on. Everyone here keep some stuff in the truck that could help you. Something like MRE's, a small hatchet, some matches and anything you think might help you out. Hey Dennis, DRTY and Rocks. What do ya'll keep in your truck, the weather is crazy around you guys.

That's good advice. I also keep tools, a blanket, power bars, water and an ammo can full of survival tools in my truck.

There's obviously a lot we can learn from the guy's mistakes. But sooner or later everyone gets in over their head. No one is foresighted enough to know everything, plan for every contingency and make all the right decisions to solve every problem every time.