View Single Post
Old 12-11-2006, 08:55 AM
Hummer Professional

H3PAC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Are your tow hooks rusting?

From an avid golfer:

"The Cleveland is now starting to rust (I can't wait for it to totally rust) and I have to say it looks ugly. So to accelerate the process I tried wrapping the head with a damp clothed soaked in salty water. It sure is starting to look nicer. You may be wondering why rust a good wedge? It's because the rust will give the wedge a dull finish to avoid any glare during your address, and the rust also makes the face a little rougher giving exceptional spin to the ball. I haven't had a chance to try it out on the course yet, only used it in the driving range and practice greens. Now I know why these wedges are the #1 choice of pros."

See? Rust isn't always so bad. Don't scowl at your rusty tow hook. Appreciate it for what it is. Admire its ugliness. It's saying, "Look at me. I am made of steel and steel rusts. I am not new - I've been around awhile. I am not some bling bling, plastic decoration. I am a real tow hook. I stand strong and ready to help pull your silly ass out when you get stuck."

So learn to love your rusty friend. There is a peculiar beauty in his ugliness.