Thread: diesel
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2006, 09:31 PM
Hummer Professional

lennyrebel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3PAC
I'm glad to see that you immediately pulled your original reply to Mac and toned it down some, but take it easy. Mac is very correct about new diesel technology, particularly in Europe, where there is a different, cleaner burning fuel technology as well. And not all diesels are horribly dirty. My father drove a Dodge pickup powered by a Cummins turbo diesel (an outstanding, bulletproof engine) for a number of years. There were no choking clouds of black soot spewing out from his exhaust. And being born in 1924, living through the great depression, and serving in WW2, my father, now 82 and a diesel advocate, is certainly not a member of the "me" generation.

I find it rather ironic that you, driving a vehicle that gets around 16 mph, is preaching about vehicle emissions and efficiency. Why don't you do the responsible thing and by a vehicle that gets 32 mpg and produces exactly half the emissions of your H3? Instead, you drive down the highway "spewing" twice the carcinogens and greenhouse gasses than you need to, while wagging your finger at others. I don't find your arguent to be very credible from an environmental standpoint. Perhaps take another tack. Attachment 34152
For your info. my first reply didn't enter right it was not any different than second. Okay I forgot how thin skinned all you H3ers are. Funny how you pick out parts of my statement and others such as how you can get way more gas from cracking crude than making diesel. Also I guess you don't understand difference between possible greenhouse gases and known carcinogens from diesel particulate . And My FAther God Bless HIs sole never let any foreign junk such as vws or toyotas on his property in the 88yrs that he lived. In the future I'll confine my messages to the H2ers who have more intelligence and less belligerence. I guess cops and wannabees always want the last word and to hell with Facts .THE REBEL and PROUD OF IT