View Single Post
Old 12-28-2006, 12:12 AM
mstams

Default Re: My New Alpha - Driveway Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgharkness020147
I've got no clue if MS has taken his truck off road yet, but I wheeled with one a couple of months back. It was a beast, til the every single one of the halfshaft bolts decided to back out on the left rear.

I had my left rear halfshaft replaced just a few weeks ago due to a leaky boot. Another owner I know had the same problem. Go figure...

Quote:
Having the torque of the Alpha off road does have its advantages, I bet it would dominate the sand dunes. I would worry about blowing stuff up in the drivetrain though, I dont care if the whole drivetrain was re-desgined it is easier to get yourself in trouble with.

You're right about that one. My truck (along with every other one I test drove) clunks when you mash the accelerator. You can really tell there's more power than can be handled despite the redesign.

Quote:
Generally speaking I had no trouble keeping up with him, but there were times where I did have to hammer on the accelerator more then him. I still would not mind having one, the sound of the turbo alone is enough to convince me.

Right again. The power and sound make it all worthwhile...