View Single Post
Old 01-17-2007, 06:42 PM
Hummer Novice

zzr is off the scale
Default Re: h3 on 35's versus fj

The tires are in fact 315/75/16 Pro Comp Xtreme All Terrain. I've only driven them on ice, in a thin sheet of mud, and a little bit of off-road climbing. They were awesome in every circumstance. Nearly back-to-back with the stockers, the Pro Comp's climbed up the same mushy hill with relative ease. This may change as they wear, but they make very little highway noise.

The roof rack is actually just two Thule bars wrapped with foam pads to help my kayak stay snug. The Hi-Lift gives the appearance of a roof-rack, since it runs between the front and back bars. If I bought a roof rack, it would probably be the Discovery with the light bar attachment. Depending on the height of the new lights, I would probably just "steal" the wiring for the factory light bar and then cap off those lights.

Unfortunately, I'm going through a divorce and the court-ordered rules of conduct prohibit frivilous expenditures. The tires were "necessary" for the safety of the children Whatever

I can't remember what kind of wheels they are (dealership installed), but I think that someone else figured it out about a year ago when I first posted pics. They are powder-coated. For now The powder-coating is starting to come off.

I'll try to take some more pics today...