View Single Post
Old 01-20-2007, 07:28 PM
Hummer Veteran

nychot is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Dude....Are The Hi Beams On.?? Or do I Need An Eye Exam.??

simply put high beams are supposed to allow you to see further down a dark or dimly lit road. at least that's been my experience in driving all types of vehicles for many years. the 2007 h3's don't do what they are supposed to do, whether they passed federal requirements or not. if they require BRIGHTER bulbs to replace the ones now equipped then it's up to my dealer to cover the cost. right now i can see further with my regular headlights than my brights; thus in my opinion the brights are defective and need either adjustment or replacement. i was shocked the first time i hit the stalk and i couldnt see s--t. and traffic coming toward me wasn't blinking because they werent being blinded. the brights suck. i have almost 300 miles on my 07. thus far the brights are my only complaint. i'll see what the dealer says when i email them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop
Love it when a rookie copies another members post.....
http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ght=headlights

Now, there is nothing wrong with the highbeams, they pass ALL federal required tests.
I thought my highbeams sucked, and after installing silverstars, I thought they still sucked. But have someone you know drive in front of you and then turn them on, and find out what they think.
In addition, find a very dark road, with street signs and stop and check the difference is how far the beam goes in high versus low. I was surprised when I tried this, the highs go a lot further than I believed they would.
But I do agree that silverstars are a good improvement.

I believe rebel is right when he implies the fog lamps turning off in high beam causes a sudden drop of a light directly in front, and the high beams, on a high sitting vehicle go straight out. However, the fog lamp fix from the rebel, is for an H2, H3's do not use the lower lights for DRLs, they use either the signals or the headlamps.

It is possible to keep the fogs on with high beams as well as low beams; just remember the H3 is wired a bit differently than the H2.