View Single Post
Old 01-23-2007, 01:24 AM
Hummer Veteran

smitham is off the scale
Default H3 Traction Control Problem

I need help with the traction control on my H3. This morning my wife got into the truck to drive to work, and when she backed out of the drive and started to drive down the street the traction control kicked in and almost completely stopped the truck. When she let off the gas for a second it finished it?s fit and she could give the truck gas again, then another 1000 feet down the street it did it again. Note we live in Florida it was +70 degrees and dry outside. The truck did this a couple of times then finally quit and she was able to drive to work.

When she left work it briefly came on (traction light flashed for a sec and went off) but it did not put on the brakes and slow her down. When I got home from work I drove the truck and it did the same thing to me as it did for her. Does anyone know what is going on? I did find that if we hold the traction control button for 5-8 seconds and disable the traction control we don?t seam to have a problem, but something is not right. We are trying to set up an appointment with the service department, but for some reason Hummer of Orlando?s phone lines are down today, so we have to wait until tomorrow.