View Single Post
Old 02-03-2007, 09:31 PM
Hummer Guru

Hmmm2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: West Coast FL help

Hmmmmm .. Sanibel/Captiva ... I don't about actually know about living there permanently. Could feel a little isolated and transient with all the snowbirds popping in and out for the beaches. Sarasota is a clean, organized town .. couldn't go wrong there. (I have NEVER liked circuses .. so the constant reminder of the "Circus Headquarters" would a constant reminder ..lol). Fort Myers Beach is fine, too. Even Naples .. has a mix of beach houses (small beach homes) up to upscale. Marco Island ... remote and had a big influx of the Miami folks when Marco was being built years ago. I'd probably move somewheres between Naples and Sarasota. Anywheres inland gets a little redneck .. be careful. The Gulf is beautiful ... calm and warm. Make sure you get to Sanibel Island frequently .. you WON'T believe the amazing shells that roll in 24/7. Get a couple of sand lounges, lay back, enjoy the warm breezes as you drift in and out of sleep... watch the sunset. I love it. When are you planning your move?