View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 04:19 PM
Hummer Veteran

RMST is off the scale
Default Re: Has anyone else had to have the entire head replaced? I smell recall.

Scheduled oil change at Lynch Hummer for last Friday. Check engine light came on Wednesday. Noticed that it was idling rough. Explained this to the service manager and saw a knowing look come over his face. Sure enough they told me it was the cylinder issue and that it could be up to two weeks to repair. Drove off the lot in a Black H3 from enterprise rental. I guess it's always a bummer to have your truck or car in the shop but Lynch has the best service department I've ever been to and they couldn't be more accomodating or supportive. I have complete faith that they will get the problem fixed and after driving the rental for a couple of days it has become very clear to me that my H3 was struggling. I forgot how smooth my truck once was.

Also, if you are in the area you should stop in at Lynch and check out the "Black Widow" edition H3 that they have on the showroom floor. It is unbelievable. I'll take pics when I go back for pick up.