View Single Post
Old 02-28-2007, 09:54 AM
Hummer Professional

CBR_Raven is off the scale
Default Re: WTF...HUMMER HATER CONFRONTS ME TODAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2bill
I rest my case. Pay close attention to the "The couple in the Hummer was treated and released for minor injuries".

UPI: Police: Using laptop caused deadly head-on

SACRAMENTO, Feb. 27 (UPI) -- The California Highway Patrol says a deadly head-on crash north of Sacramento was likely caused by a man at the wheel working on his laptop computer.

The crash occurred Monday morning on Highway 99 and involved a 28-year-old man in a Toyota Corolla who apparently lost control of his car and swerved into oncoming traffic, The Sacramento Bee reported Tuesday.

One driver told CHP investigators he swerved and avoided the Toyota, which then struck an oncoming Hummer. The couple in the Hummer was treated and released for minor injuries but the Toyota driver was pronounced dead at the scene, police said.

"We have reason to believe he was operating his laptop because it was still on and plugged into the cigarette lighter," said CHP Cmdr. Scott Silsbee.

The highway was closed for more than two hours for debris removal.

The guy that was driving the H2 was actually my Co-worker. He had just traded his Suburban in for the H2 the day before and his wife was pissed at him so she made him return the H2 to get the Suburban back. They were on their way to the dealership to take the H2 back when the accident happened....sad story

2018 Polaris GEM e4
2019 Land Rover Range Rover HSE
2022 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Z71 Sport Edition
2022 Can-Am Maverick X3 XRS Turbo RR