Thread: 14.5 MPG's!!!
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 05:27 PM
Hummer Professional

Captain of the Titanic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 14.5 MPG's!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KONG
I look at the average MPG. and for me, well,,, thats good enough. See we all have to buy gas and everyone that buys a hummer or knows about hummer knows that hummer is not the best in gas so we accept it when we buy and accept it when we go to the pump. I am pleased to see that I AVERAGE 16 mpg and I dont have to prove it to nobody.

What KONG isn't telling you is, that he TOWED his Hummer cross-country and is using that in the calculations of his AVERAGE mpg....

I can believe 16 on the highway with a reprogramming... But AVERAGE city/highway at 16? Noway... Are you sure that your Hummer doesn't have a 3 next to the H instead of a 2????

I am about to reprogram, add the K&N aircharger and put headers and dual exhaust on, so we'll see how it effects my mpg... In my Tahoe it upped the mpg by 40% (from 10 mpg to 14mpg highway and yes, it was highly modified). I'm hoping for at least averaging 14 instead of 10.6 (as per the dash).

Also, I don't see how the average MPG is wrong on the dash.... It record miles driven and gallons used... It's pretty easy to figure at that point...
2006 Twilight Maroon H2, Procomp 6001 rims, 35" X 12.5 X 17 Xterrain tires, Ram over-the-hood brush guard, Jet Stage I, Warn 9.5 winch and winch bumper, Hedman Headers, K&N Air charger, Lightforce driving lights, a little CHROME for good measure

2006 Victory Red H3 (The Titanic), R.I.P. - It didn't float

1968 Mustang GT convertible

2005 Harley Davidson Hertitage Softail, Stage I, Vance and Hines Big Shot Longs - Sold

2004 Jaguar S-Type (the wifemobile)