View Single Post
Old 03-27-2007, 07:43 PM
Hummer Professional

lance-n is off the scale
Default Re: H3 ALPHA Pics and Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewie
The main improvements to the H1 that made it an Alpha were the engine and transmission. For the H3 its the engine and the front diff. A little bit of lift would be nice, maybe a front locker option. But come on, a snorkel, CTIS? Would you pay $60K for an H3?

Sewie,
You can't harsh a guy for dreaming!!!! Not sure if i like the little head bashing icon. I prefer this little guy >>>>>

The H1 ALPHA's came with snorkels, at least the ones I have been in did. Maybe it is too much for the soccer mom and mall warrior style H3's, but just imagine being able to go through a 36-40 inch deep body of water with no worries!!! As stated, they should at least be offered as a factory installed option.

I am particularly impressed by the seemingly airtight cabin on the H3. Many people comment on how quiet the ride is and I am convinced that it is somewhat close to being water tight from the bottom. I have not submerged mine up to the doors yet, except at high speed through a small area. I am sure somebody here has and knows whether or not the water seeps in...

Does anyone know the estimated/projected fuel economy of the H3 ALPHA?

All in, I paid $41k for my 2006 Adventure package including california tax, title and license and the options. The only thing I have added since is a higher gain XM Antenna. Can't wait until the 33's wear out so I can upgrade to 35's!

Not sure on the $60k price tag, but I believe there is a market that would gladly pay $50k for an H3 ALPHA with V8, real tires, front locker, deeper fjording capabilities, heavy duty roof rack, and that CTIS would just be the sh*t!!!! I know I would.

1995 White mint OJ mobile (full size Ford Bronco) - sold

2007 Silver Nissan Armada - wifemobile
2005 42' Tiara Sportfisher - Tournament Rigged and 40 knots!