View Single Post
Old 03-27-2007, 08:56 PM
Hummer Guru

MarineHawk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2008 H2 - Official Pics & Video

I really like the idea of the 6-speed trans, and, obviously more power, but, in most other areas, I like the old one better. I think the new interior looks cool, but more for a luxury vehicle. I like the more-busy look to the old dash. The old dash still looks like it belongs on an expensive and unique vehicle, but it looks more utilitarian, rather than the luxury car feel the new one gives me. Things I like better about the old one: the grab bar on the passenger side; the center consol with the up/down armrests; the three cigar/sunglass compartments above my head (I have no sunroof, but I assme they are completely gone from the new model); the old vents (way more utilitarian than the newer, sleeker ones); though I haven't touched the new ones, I'm pretty sure I like the old, bigger dash controls much better--they must be easier and quicker to find/use than the new Star Trek version. All of these things are more than offset by the additional power and the 6-speed trans, but, comparing apples to apples, I like the old interior better. Other than that, at least they didn't mess the H2 up by putting ghey roundy curves on the outside. My guess is that most people won't tell the difference between an 08 and an 07 in traffic, unless they are paying very close attention. To me, that's a good thing. The H2, as it is and as it was, is one of the only vehicles I like to ride behind in traffic because it's just so damn great-looking. To me, there was a lot more room for ruining the look of the vehicle than improving it. I'm glad they didn't do that.