View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 05:24 PM
Hummer Authority

Alan06SUT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pics on my Farm and New Pond (w/HUMMER)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
Alan were You able to get into any of the state or federal money for creation of fish, bird, and other critter habit. Great looking place, really nice!!! I do not know how much it has changed but, being a life long farmer now retired I helped my dad get some reimburesment from matching money and Feds and he had just 4 or 5 acres. Then the state stocked it for him for free. You do have to build them to state or fed grades and specs etc. Sometime messing with them is not worth it but, in this case i would advise anyone to check it out. This is a project they are normally excited to get behind.....

TAZ

Thanks for the info! I did try to go through the govenment, but they no longer offer that stuff over here. One agent told me that they built too many lakes when the word got out, so now they leave it up to the owner.

Sounds like some interesting BBQ!! I'll probably stick with Turkey or Bass from our land, but you never know! If a coon becomes bothersome, he might just find himself on the grill!!!

Oh, and as for the tree huggers, I bet my pond creates more habitat, sanctuary, etc, than all of their talk. Imagine that, a Hummer owner who creates wildlife habitat and signs away develoment rights on the property for 15 years! I'd love to hear what their comeback would be.

Country folk, hunters, farmers, and land owners are the true conservationists. They live and know wilderness, unlike a bunch of city dwelling "environmentalists".

Would this be an offset to my "carbon footprint" ! What a bunch of Al Gore horse sh!t!!....