View Single Post
Old 04-18-2007, 08:16 PM
Elcova Rookie

AudioJoe is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Rockford Fosgate Audio Upgrade Kit

Hi All,

My Name is Joe Dahlquist, I work in the OEM division at Rockford Fosgate and wanted to post a short note on the plug and play audio upgrade kit we developed for the H2 SUV and SUT.

I noticed there were a few threads going (older ones with questions that were unanswered). I'm quite proud of this kit, my team and I spent over a year developing it and wanted to share some info.

What is it? - A plug and play upgrade to the stock Bose audio system found in the H2 SUT and SUV. By "plug-and-play", I mean no wires cut, no vehicle modifications and an ability to remove it entirely in minutes when you sell the vehicle, get your hands on a new 2008 wink-wink, or need to simply pull the subwoofer box out to fold the rear seats down, this kit works with both the Navigation and non-nav 6-CD headunits.

Gimme Details - The kit includes the following: (1) Custom molded subwoofer enclosure with a 150W RMS amp and 10" long-throw subwoofer which is installed under the driver side rear seat (downfiring), it fits the contours like a glove as it's a direct mold of the area where it is designed to reside. The enclosure is not mounted to the vehicle and is easily removable (weighs around 30lbs). (1) Wiring harness kit with all needed plug and play adapters to derive audio signal, power and ground from the vehicle. (1 pr.) 6.5" 3-way PUNCH speakers that replace the front door Bose speakers to provide more output with greater clarity. These speakers come with mounting templates and wiring adapters specific to the H2. Logos and zip ties round out the kit.

So... Why? - Easy, the H2 is a killer rig. It deserves a audio system worthy of it, and many, if not most owners are not planning a full-blown, high dollar audio system that takes up valuable cargo space etc. but still demand a good audio system. If you are one of those audio "fanatics" who want something over the top, our aftermarket products are just what the Dr. ordered. For the rest, this kit was designed to work seamlessly with your factory audio system and provide the bass and clarity the factory system falls short on. This kit is very easy to install and average install time is 30-40 min.

How does it stack up? - In a good automotive sound system, ideal results are obtained by designing a system to fit an application and achieve a goal, we did just that with this kit. It is a night and day difference compared to stock. Designed, Engineered and tuned specifically for the H2. We tuned and tinkered until we were happy with the results and would be happy with the kit in our own vehicle.

Where do I get it? - Predator Motorsports http://predatormotorsports.com is our distributor for this kit, they supply to many Hummer dealerships around the US and to notable H2 accessory dealers. They are in stock and available.

More info please. - See our website page for these kits at http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/oem/hummer.asp. Click on either model for the details page. Feel free to email specific questions to me at joe.dahlquist@rockfordcorp.com

I would be happy to email you a flyer with a graph showing before and after frequency response graphs for the H2.

Sorry for sounding like a sales guy, I really am a product guy!

Joe

Last edited by AudioJoe : 04-18-2007 at 08:19 PM.