View Single Post
Old 04-19-2007, 02:05 AM
Hummer Veteran

dna is off the scale
Default Re: I want a radar detector mounted in front grill connected to Onstar speaker - how??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck BB62
One good thing to do (and I'm doing it real soon) is get that spray that disperses the laser instead of reflects it back. That license plate is the target!

That comment confuses me. I run around with the H2 with NO front licence plate, and I still got a ticket last year with a radar. Obviously the radar does not need the plate to deflect - it must be able to deflect from the body. Yes, I could get a ticket here in BC for having no front plate, but been doin it for 2 years now, and only have gotten two warnings. And both warnings were during seat belt checks or road blocks - I've never actually been pulled over for it. I've driven many cars in the past with no front plate - it looks cooler, especially on nice performance vehicles. I did it with my vette, mustang cobra, iroc, etc, and never a ticket yet.

So don't waste your money on this spary for the front plate. They don't need from plate to still tag you on the radar.