View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 03:58 PM
Hummer Professional

HumbleAg is off the scale
Default Re: New Hummer came home tonight

Thanks all for the congrats. No pics yet, but they'll come soon.

To answer questions:

ChiHummer3: original H3 was a smart buy deal for two years (I did that because I had to pay MSRP (35k) and I was a bit worried about resale value). Looking back, I wish I'd purchased outright because I like the Superior Blue, but it didn't make sense to buy it now with the incentives on new ones. New one is financed 3 years at 0%, it'll be all mine.

TANDREW: "real" trade-in value came out to $23k. They showed more ($24k) on the buyer's order, but didn't show discounting their truck as much as they actually did. Got the same offer on a non-adventure truck on Saturday ($23k trade in) from another dealer. Smart-buy payoff was over $25k, but with the tax savings it came out pretty good.

My "old" truck was basically perfect, the used car manager asked how I put 39k miles on it without ever driving it. I suppose that won't get too much appreciation here (I know how you guys like damage), but I'm a bit picky about my vehicles.

I think I forgot to mention the new one has the sunroof, wow what a great feature!