View Single Post
Old 02-29-2004, 06:40 PM

argonaut is off the scale

Nice pics DRTY. yeah, I would say it was pretty much done for. Whatever the bill ends up being I will be Hummerless for at least a few months. I get to go to the dealership tomorrow morning and chat with the dude. Must of the damage to the frame came from winching the sucker out. It was stuck in really deep mud and the front tire got caught in a culvert when they were trying to pull it backwards. Really the tow truck company messed it up. When it went into the ditch it was fine. Soft mud, no rocks. Just water damage. Do you think I can go after the tow company or do I have to bite the bullet and claim the insurance?

DRTY, the funny thing is that this happened sooo close to home. Literally at the base of my hill. I have really bad car luck. I know I should have hit the dog, but it was my neigbor's dog that had gotten loose, and my dog plays with that one, so I would have felt really really bad. Not that i feel warm and fuzzy about my truck.

The funny thing is that the cops showed up about three and a half hours after I got stuck. I guess somebody got sick of the tow truck noise and called them in. The five cops that showed up thought it was really funny. I didn't. Oh well. Lesson learned. Just squash the damn thing next time.