View Single Post
Old 05-15-2007, 06:05 AM
Hummer Guru

NEOCON1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Back in Moab - Spring 2007

just got this off of moab 4x4 site , so maybe all hope isnt lost yet , maybe by next year we can be runnin the lion again lets keep our fingers crossed

OK, here's the skinny:

Lions Back Campground area has been sold and the current owner has closed down Lion's Back as well as Dump Bump, saying his insurance company forced the issue. We have met with the developer and he is a pretty nice guy, he's also part owner of the Gonzo Inn. The new development is planned to include around 260 units, with a large central unit. They will be 1, 2, and 3 bedroom units; the small units will start at $300,000+.

At this point the exit of Hell's Revenge will remain open, although there may be some re-routing. I am trying to fight the closures, with the help of some concerned organizations. I am trying to get these routes declared as public rights of way, this should negate the responsibility of the land owner in the event of an accident.

We are determined to fight this, legally if it comes down to it, but for now and for this year's Jeep Safari they will NOT be open.

I'll keep you updated on future developments.
Attached Images

* Rollin with the Banned and the Damned *

"Fred Thompson for President "