View Single Post
Old 04-27-2006, 11:51 AM
Hummer Messiah

CO Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by PhilD:
Hardly an osbatcle you'd expect to start blowing diffs on though. One may be expected, but two vehicles blowing stuff on the same obstaacle tends to make me think there is eiether a more general issue with drivetrain strength, or just bad luck.

I totally agree. There IS a general issue with the drivetrain strength. I was standing right there and I couldn't believe it when I saw what happened. Bebe and Neo hardly gave it any gas before I started hearing that ugly sound of the teeth breaking off. Especially Neo - he wasn't even up the part of the steps where both his front and rear were against ledges! Only his back wheels were pressed against the ledge when a little torque shattered everything.

Bebe was fully pressed against two ledges - both front and rear wheels. She had tried it a couple of times, and it snapped around the 3rd attempt. She was being very careful and I was getting on her about needing MORE acceleration. Ironically, when I was telling her about needing more momentum she said "I'm just trying not to break my truck". 30 seconds later....Snap.

Something must be done to beef up those diffs. If not, I would not wheel Golden Spike with an H3 again unless I planned in advance to winch up the H3's over the obstacles requiring serious torque.