View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 05:06 PM
Hummer Authority

marin8703 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is the H3 an easy theft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet Nam Vette
I hear what your saying... but for someone living in Detroit or NJ it might be a good idea. Also I undersatnd how lojack works in regards to calling the police. What idiot wouldn't call if his car was stolen. If I had Lojack I would be on the phone to the police like white on rice.

Also my friend says there is also and optional mo-money feature ..If some one starts your car with out a key lojack will call your cell and or home phone to let you know. Then you could varify that your car was infact stolen and then you call the police.

Of course and alarm like the Viper and or other type makes sense... but lets face it..nothing is gauranteed in regards to preventing your car from being ripped off.

Ask my friend with the Corvette that got ripped off if the money he spent for LoJack was a waste... He'll tell you Farg No..!!! He got his Vette back.
I my self might consider it as well as a Viper.

As far as Insurance rates are concerend they only give so much discount for anti theft devices anyway. I don't care how much the device is as long as it stops or get's my vehicle back. Insurance is a given..I don't care if I save $50 or more ...my car is more important then the discount.

My Theory on everything is...Throw Money at it untill it works

I'll be installing a SST 5900 Viper maybe next month. Gotta find a good price on one. Well..I won't be installing it but the the alarm joint will.

if your in the market for mo-money options, DEI, viper's parent has got you covered. Its selling a gps module that is mounted remotely and completely independent from your alarm (viper or whatever), but is in contact with it, its even got its own battery. It will notify you of a possible break in and allow you to take action over the internet/phone. You can go online and see its location, and you can disable/enable the engine, lock/unlock, and other crap from anywhere in the world with intenet access. its possible that the gps will not have satelite view and possibly not be able to track, but you can still send commands to the vehicle because it opeates over the cellular network (like onstar). I think that a much better option than lojack, you dont have to hope that others will get things done for you, you can find your car yourself and just contact the police to be there when you pic it up.

the best thing is you can hide it anywhere under plastic or glass, no one will know its there, and its really small.

lojack is a good option but its ability is deminished by little coverage and equipment issues. in big cities it may be a great idea.

oh and since your getting the viper installed, make sure your get the best installer possible. an alarm that inproperly installed is no better than stiking a brick under the dash.

Last edited by marin8703 : 06-18-2007 at 05:16 PM.