View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 08:36 PM
Hummer Authority

Viet Nam Vette is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is the H3 an easy theft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marin8703
if your in the market for mo-money options, DEI, viper's parent has got you covered. Its selling a gps module that is mounted remotely and completely independent from your alarm (viper or whatever), but is in contact with it, its even got its own battery. It will notify you of a possible break in and allow you to take action over the internet/phone. You can go online and see its location, and you can disable/enable the engine, lock/unlock, and other crap from anywhere in the world with intenet access. its possible that the gps will not have satelite view and possibly not be able to track, but you can still send commands to the vehicle because it opeates over the cellular network (like onstar). I think that a much better option than lojack, you dont have to hope that others will get things done for you, you can find your car yourself and just contact the police to be there when you pic it up.

the best thing is you can hide it anywhere under plastic or glass, no one will know its there, and its really small.

lojack is a good option but its ability is deminished by little coverage and equipment issues. in big cities it may be a great idea.

oh and since your getting the viper installed, make sure your get the best installer possible. an alarm that inproperly installed is no better than stiking a brick under the dash.

Cool I 'll have to check on that one.. I'll just add it to the list of Items to Gamble on...

Quote:

yep, only the ones with flames. the others dont have enough power to drag the 2.5 ton cube

Yeah... Can't beat the man with the Hook..

Quote:

If it gets stolen I just hope it never comes back! So I can get an Alpha

That would be the "hard way" like shoot-en Craps to Make it to an "Alpha" But a happy ending..