View Single Post
Old 07-14-2007, 11:12 PM
Hummer Professional

mountainbiker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Oil change by time

Quote:
Originally Posted by signals34
I put on about 2600 miles on my H-3 in 12 months
Wow, how do you keep your battery from sulfating / deep discharging with so few miles? Do you keep it on a battery maintainer/conditioner?

I am betting your question will generate 20 different answers such as 3,000 or 3 months -or- 7,500 or 12 months. Or, you may get loads of questions such as what type of driving do you do?

The HUMMER Owner's Manual (see p. 5-16) indicates the GM Oil Life System will let you know on the DIC (unless accidentally reset); otherwise, it says "change it at 12 months". It says goes on to say "If the system is ever reset accidentally, you must change your oil at 3,000 miles ... since your last oil change. Remember to reset the oil life system whenever the oil is changed."

Also, the GM My Link's HUMMER FAQ states:

How often should the oil be changed on vehicles equipped with the GM Oil Life System?

Change engine oil and filter as indicated by the GM Oil Life System (or every 12 months whichever occurs first.) Reset the system after an oil change. Please see your Owner's Manual for more information.

Does the Oil Life System need to be manually reset after an oil change?

The Engine Oil Life System calculates when to change your engine oil and filter based on vehicle use. Anytime your oil is changed, reset the system so it can calculate when the next oil change is required. If a situation occurs where you change your oil prior to a CHANGE OIL message being turned on, reset the system. Please see your Owner's Manual for more information.