View Single Post
Old 08-05-2007, 02:06 PM
Lex_Ordo

Default Two New Parts from GM

SO I haven't been on the forum for a while, but thought a post of these two new items may be of interest to a few of you.

I had purchased, and had installed at the dealer the GM Performance Cat-Back exhaust syetem in March. I like the dual tail pipes and the muffler is much smaller than stock.

Ever since, I've been trying to decide on a New induction kit to augment the exhaust. Well I haven't looked that hard, but I recently stumbled across one while browsing through the GM Accessories Store website.
http://gmaccessoriesstore.com/index.php

http://gmaccessoriesstore.com/perfor...th=426_431_440

I decided to buy it along with the replacemnet Chrome Hood Louvers.
I'm not a big Chrome fan, but liked the look of having a few pieces here and there. It is a real easy install. Just pull up on the old, and press the new back into the same clip holes. 1-2-3.

Now the truck has a chrome grill and hood louver, fuel door, and I replaced the center caps of the alloy wheels with the chromed caps to give a bit of contrast to the wheel. Looks similar to the H3 logos on the doors. Everything else is the smoke grey and looks real good.

Okay, so the GM Performance induction kit. One of the main reasons I chose this one was the fact that it goes with the Exhaust System.

I installed it in about an hour. I haven't noticed a real difference but it does seem to make the motor smoother when accelerating. I always noticed a slight lag when stepping on the gas. I don't feel it now. At higher speeds and RPM, it feels like it gives a little more roar through the air filter but nothing obnoxious.

Interestingly though, I found the stock plastic induction box on top of the motor fairly large and seemingly like a waste of space. It covers the entire top of the motor for what it is does. However I didn't design the motor so it must be that size for a reason. Anyway, the top of the motor and the engine compartment in general look more clean now without it.

I have no pics yet, but they're coming.