View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 09:50 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cutting the Grass

I cut the grass today, like I do every five days or so, but today was different.

Not only was it Africa Hot and the middle of the day, but I saw something I hadn't seen before. While cutting the grass, we have a rather large yard, one of the Professional lawn care guys came around the corner riding his Zero Turn Hustler and headed to our neighbor's house and started cutting. Now I've seen that before and this guy cuts many yards in our 'hood, but today I noticed how fast he cuts the grass.

He was finished my neighbor's entire yard before I finished half of our front yard! And I had a head start!!! To top it off, he cut atleast 6 more lawns before I was done cutting ours!!!!! Oh, and I still had to trim and blow.

I think it's time to seriously consider a Zero Turn mower. It doesn't have to be a large Hustler or Dixie Chopper, just a Cub Cadet or Deere will work fine.

Anyone here have a ZT? What brand? Do you like it? And the big question, is it worth it?

I also recently upgraded from a Toro four stroke trimmer with the curved arm to a two stroke Ryobi with a long straight shaft. That alone saves me probably 15 minutes of trimmer work and with my height, the longer length doesn't cause my back any pain.

I highly recommend spending a few extra bucks to get a two stroke, straight shaft trimmer.