Thread: Cool cube
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 12:53 AM
Hummer Guru

dеiтайожни is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cool cube

Quote:
Originally Posted by marin8703
all ai involves algorithms, one or many. not all ai has learning capability. conventional ai is not much more then a very complex and well thought out algorithm that has little or no learning capability. many software, especially gaming engines have conventional ai and yet most of them dont have learning capabilites.

and again yes it is supposed to be perfect but it isnt. there is no perfection in computer science. give me an example of any complex piece of software that cannot be improved, or made more efficient. i dont know what the reason would be that you think machines are perfect, when all around you they fall apart, even with maintenance or repair. and by the way software doesnt require maintenance and repairs. before i was refering to software inaccuracies that lead to imperfection, not hardware.

and yea dennis i didnt know you were joking. thought you might have stared at that thing trying to figure it out first. i know more about computer science than you would think.

I didn't say algorithms aren't used in A.I., I just explained what the algorithm in the video likely followed. "A.I." in video games is just a set of techniques used to produce the illusion of intelligence, it is not artificial intelligence.

I don't know where you are going with this argument now but the end point is, robots are supposed to do something efficiently and accurately. If they fail it is likely due to lack of maintenance or outside variables such as input... if they fail of something else, it's due to poor design and we're back to what robots are supposed to do.