Thread: Fuse box
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 12:35 AM
Hummer Veteran

Groundpounder is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Fuse box

I have often installed things on my vehicle, however, I have never had it cost me. I recently purchased the lower grill with the off-road lights. I got the grill and bumper off, removed the old lower grill, installed the new one and put everything back with no problems. Next I started doing the wireing harness. All went well unitl I recached the part where I had to remove the fuse box and install an adapter and two wires. That part went OK, then I tried to put it back together. No go! I tried again, and again. I looked under the fuse box and fround one bent tab. Fixed that and tried again. I lost count how many tries but it finely went back into place. I connected the battery, got in, put in the key and nothing. All I got was a door ding and the front headlights came on. NOTHING ELSE. The key would not come out.

I learned that all wheel drive can be drug a few feet, to get it out of the garage, without any problems. I contacted OnStar first and they ordered a wecker - 5 hours later he arrived. I just had him get it out of the garage because it was to late to take it to the dealer. The next morning I called AAA and had to wait only 45 minutes for them.

End result - cracked fuse box. Cost $870.55. I do not think I'll mess with wiring for a while.
2006 Slate Blue Metallic H3, FlowMaster exhaust, True Flow cold air intake system, Ground Force rear lowering kit, custom locking fuel door, chrome hood grill w/handle, US Speedo gauge kit (chrome and red numbers), Custom rear tire cover, chrome tail light guard, custom paint on skid plate, new pin stripping, USMC front license plate. Semper Fi