View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 12:06 AM

UNOMYFLO is off the scale

Thanks everyone for the back up my dealer is an hour and a half from me and even driving down there isnt an option as it wont make the noise then. I would have to leave the H3 thee overnight and get a hotel and stop in in the am and have the tech start it cold and he will have like 50seconds to diagnosis it.

Strange it can be so loud and F**in annoying and then 1-2 minutes later be completely gone. It is definately something that resolves itself once the motor is warm and for me wont do it at all again that day even after sitting in the lot at work for 5+ hours before lunch but to be honest wioth you it must take a good 10hrs for the motor to completely cool down to the outside temp.

For those in colder climates it must make the noise much longer until the H3 reaches temp.

Please anyone keep me posted.

Oh I got my rear washer pump recall in the mail today also it will go in for that when the noise is fixed.

I still say it sounds like the clutch fan, but cant confim this to be true.

I juts got the new onstar module replaced 2 weeks ago after major sh*t with onstar they ewanted me to keepo having it trouble shot aftter 4 attempts top fix I demanded a new module sad thing is the tech new it was that all along. Nice to have it working though and now the noise. No biggie I LOVE this truck it rocks period hands down.

Please post what anyone finds, not sure how any tech will hear it as it is only on cold start up.

Come to think of it when I was doen in Jax at the dealer for the onstar repair they were pulling new H3's around to be prepped for sale. I actualy herd the rattle from one of them but the tech was on the road with my H3 to road test it . When he came back I said this H3 is doing it (rattle).

He actuall went to get the key an fired it up and guess what the roide from across the parking lot must have been enough to warm the truck and it didnt do it.

I truly feel the only way any of us are gpoing to get thsi diagnosed correctly is if someone is willing to park it in the dealer lot overnight and meet the tech by the truck and have them fire it up. Mine is loud they would definatelly hear it for sure.

Keep me posted and thanks to all glad to see I am not alone on this one.....

Is everyone who posted here experiencing the exact same symptoms?