View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 09:08 PM
Hummer Expert

Marcmedic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GM and Corvette pwn3d

For the 14K price difference between the Z06 and Viper, you can mod the hell out of it and kick the crap out of the Viper. I'd gladly sacrifice 2 tenths of second to be able to drive a car whenever I want instead of dreading an extended trip in it. Why you sound so worried about the '09 Vette??? Because it'll have a comparable HP to the Viper and you already know the end result??? You can talk price on it and so forth....but the Viper costs over 14K more than the Z06...all that for a crappy interior, a horrible every-day ride, no trunk space, a whopping tenth or two in a quarter mile. You can have your "track car" all you want. What fun it must be to spend 90K on a car that is absolutley useless to drive on the street. As Car and Driver describes the Viper....At lower rpm, the exhaust sounds like a tuba having sex with a vacuum cleaner, and the baritone thrum of engine and road at highway speeds gets annoying in a hurry. Oh yeah...sign up for some of that. When the SS or whatever comes in at 14K more than the Viper I can only imagine the excuses that will surface about how it's a "special edition" car etc... It'll be interesting to see the Viper vs SS production #'s. Regardless of all this...at least it wont be a Dodge.